Something is buggy with maxpoll...

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Apr 24 20:25:05 UTC 2017

Something is seriously wrong with the maxpoll handling, I'm not sure if
that's a new issue or when it was introduced.  I've set my local NTP
servers to monitor each other at maxpoll=4 (16s).  If one of those
servers doesn't respond at the regular poll interval (for instance when
I restart the server at that moment) it looks like the poll interval
changes to at least 1024s and never recovers back to the actual maxpoll
setting.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: