Re: ✘EPOCH

Achim Gratz Stromeko at Nexgo.DE
Fri Apr 21 07:49:02 UTC 2017

> The standard recommends settng EPOCH by default to the date of the
> last source file modification.  I'm not sure if that is desirable,
> should be optional, or just ignored.

If you stick to that recommendation then someone has to go to great
lengths to have the EPOCH going backwards and separate builds from the
same source will have the same EPOCH.  The latter consideration becomes
important if you use buildbots working away concurrently, which are
nowadays what will provide the packages for almost any GNU/Linux
distribution.  So I think it's a quite sensible recommendation that
should be followed unless you have a spcific reason not to.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)