Big picture...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Apr 18 23:03:26 UTC 2017

jdb at systemsartisans.com said:
> Since you've already got a dependency on Python, write a one-liner that is
> the equivalent of Unix's "date -u +%s".  Use that.  Otherwise, a tiny C
> program would also do the trick (at the cost of increased complexity).

Thanks.  I was expecting it would be that simple but didn't see that solution
which seems obvious in hindsight.

For future reference...  c code is reasonable.  waf already has the structure
for building code that gets run on the build system as part of the build
process vs code that runs on some other system.  It's needed for the config
file parser.