Lots of errors

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 14 18:59:56 UTC 2017

> Then how did you last commit, which failed to build with --enable-debug slip
> through?

It used to be the default.  My setup hasn't yet recovered from that switch.

Why didn't buildbot complain?

> I test with both (usually) before pushing.

Is that a run time test, or just a build?

We need more/better run time testing.

> Only 50 more of those warnings to fix!  Some will be a bit nasty, some can
> never be fixed, like the bugs in Bison and libisc.

I added tests/option-testing.sh to help find this sort of problem.  We should
teach buildbot to run it occasionally.  (but only if the output will include
warnings)

There are some grumbles about inlines from old CentOS and maybe others
(NetBSD?)

../../include/timespecops.h:331: warning: inlining failed in call to
‘tspec_stamp_to_lfp’: call is unlikely and code size would grow
../../ntpd/refclock_shm.c:555: warning: called from here
../../include/timespecops.h:331: warning: inlining failed in call to
‘tspec_stamp_to_lfp’: call is unlikely and code size would grow
../../ntpd/refclock_shm.c:556: warning: called from here
../../ntpd/ntp_config.c:2955: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘yyparse’

I may have fixed (aka de-inlined) something similar in ntp_monitor before I
figured out that the warning was probably bogus.