Something broken with minpoll/maxpoll

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Sep 27 17:05:38 UTC 2016

Hal Murray writes:
> ntpq cv xxx gives you lots of info for a refclock.  (get the xxx from apeers)
> It doesn't include minpoll/maxpoll, but that could be fixed.

I don't think it's documented anywhere easy to find, but instead of
looking up the ever changing ID you get from apeers, I found that I can
use the association index instead by using something like

ntpq cv '&1'

for the first refclock.  It seems that '&0' sometimes does something
useful like showing the system peer, while at other times it produces an
error from ntpq saying that it's encountered an unknown association ID
(probably some uninitialized variable somewhere).

Regards,
Achim.