Fw: [Git][NTPsec/ntpsec][master] 2 commits: Some u_long -> unsigned int changes.

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Sep 23 18:08:10 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

> These are valid because the invention and major uses of u_long in this
> codebase predate the 64-bit transition - it may look like we're
> narrowing size from 64 to 32 bits, but what we're actually doing is
> replacing an earlier hack for guaranteeing 32-bit size by people
> who cut their teeth on 16-bit ints.

I disagree with this patch.

-extern	void	authtrust	(keyid_t, unsigned long);
+extern	void	authtrust	(keyid_t, unsigned int);

In C, ints are not guaranteed to be longer than 16 bits.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5256000/integer-size-in-c-depends-on-what#5256195

Remember the poor embedded people.