ntpviz - Don't plot a line during data absence

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 24 07:35:46 UTC 2016

>> It will also get occasional bogus breaks with the default maxpoll of
>> 1024 when the peer logic filters out several samples.

> Not the current logic.  As long as the peerstats stride is 1024 or
> less the data is plotted as 'with lines'.

You are not paying attention.  (or I'm doing a really crappy job of
explaining)

rawstats has a line for each response packet.

There is a filter between rawstats and peerstats.  Except for refclocks, most
of the data gets filtered out.  So if the polling interval ramps up to 1024
seconds, there will be many places in peerstats where the spacing is over
1024.

Broken record time again.  If you set up a system to use the pool (and use
the default maxpoll), you will have a test case to demonstrate that to you.

Or you can use the data from one of your systems and split out the lines for
a specific IP Address from peerstats and rawstats and run that into wc.
$ wc -l glypnod-*.192.168.1.100
   241 glypnod-peer.192.168.1.100
   973 glypnod-raw.192.168.1.100
  1214 total