ntpviz - Don't plot a line during data absence

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Oct 23 21:31:38 UTC 2016

gem at rellim.com said:
>> Have you tried doing the work on another system?  I use rsync.
> Of course.  But now I have a much more complex sysadmin problem.

This discussion probably depends upon the big picture goals.

You seem to have set things up so that a cron job on a system makes a set of
graphs that you like and packages them up as a web page.

I take a different approach.  A script collects all the data on one system.
Another script makes a bunch of graphs.  I look at them directly.  No web
stuff.  Many of those graphs involve data from more than one system.

It's not uncommon that I tweak the collection of graphs I look at.  The most
common tweak is roughly your clipping.  I want to see both the unclipped and
the zoomed in versions.

------

Some of our different opinions about points and lines may be because I'm
looking at much larger graphs than you are making and/or at the unclipped
data.  I'm using most of a large screen, roughly 4 times the area of your web
graphs.