ntpq: cruft/doc

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Oct 16 21:17:34 UTC 2016

gem at rellim.com said:
> And I can't count the number of times people have asked me what the units
> are because they can't figure it out.  You should not have to read pages of
> docc to find the current units.

But I shouldn't have to waste valuable screen real estate to tell you what
the units are after you know the answer.

> Check out chronyc, they do a lot of things much better than ntpq.

I wasn't impressed.  I can't tell the difference between "123.4ms" and
123.4us" at a quick glance.

This may be one of those things where we will have to agree to disagree.  On
the other hand, those columns are reasonably wide so I won't be surprised if
there is a decent solution that keeps both of us happy.