Why do we have an "includes" directory in docs ?

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:05:10 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have fixed most of the misspellings, but there is a bigger issue I am
> facing now.  As an example, please see:
>
> https://docs.ntpsec.org/latest/confopt.html
>
> This is generated from confopt.txt , which gets its "Related Links" from:
>   include::includes/confopt.txt[]
>
> which has (an example):
>   * link:confopt.html#server[server - configure client association]
>
> For reasons not clear to me at first sight, the anchor
> "confopt.html#server" does not link back to the right paragraph in
> confopt.html.  It goes nowhere, in fact.

I think the answer is at: https://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/guidelines.html#C_8

The toolchain seems to be producing HTML without "id=", and in some cases,
at the wrong place.  I have been reading asciidoc documentation all day,
and am quite confused now :-(

See commit:
https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/commit/df1b84a68058be5d855b106c91714ad9743e4b21
for an example of non-intutive-ness.  I am pushing some simple fixes now,
but not touching the anchor issue any more (I might break the man pages,
etc)

Help?

--
Sanjeev Gupta