Why do we have an "includes" directory in docs ?

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:29:35 UTC 2016

I am going through the docs, fixing internal broken links and anchors (I
assume this is because we change the documentation, but not the TOC as
often).

I have fixed most of the misspellings, but there is a bigger issue I am
facing now.  As an example, please see:

https://docs.ntpsec.org/latest/confopt.html

This is generated from confopt.txt , which gets its "Related Links" from:
  include::includes/confopt.txt[]

which has (an example):
  * link:confopt.html#server[server - configure client association]

For reasons not clear to me at first sight, the anchor
"confopt.html#server" does not link back to the right paragraph in
confopt.html.  It goes nowhere, in fact.

I can reproduce this with Chrome, Firefox, and finally with the online W3C
checker.

Before I struggle with asciidoc, is there a reason for the files in
"includes"?  Most are sourced only once, they could be inlined.  Is this to
help with the man pages?

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane