HOWTO: Security

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue May 24 23:15:41 UTC 2016

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > Would it suffice to say "Never put a Pi on an un-NATted address until you
> > have removed the default account?"
>
> I don't think that's quite good enough.

It's OK, I think I have a better solution now.

> What are your longer term plans for this document?  Is it going to live on
> www.catb.org forever, or migrate to someplace where other people can make
> edits without feeding them to/through you?

I'll admit to not having thought that through completely.

Now that I'm thinking about it - probably the NTPsec site should have a
HOWTOs category, and both this thing and both time-service HOWTOs should
move there. Later to be joined by others.

But I'm not wedded to that plan. Do you have a better or different idea?