Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat May 21 17:08:55 UTC 2016

Frank Nicholas <frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com>:
> I realize you might not want to list ALL options they should set under internalization.  However, Raspbian is the ONLY OS I’ve ever used that has the keyboard defaulted wrongly for a typical US user.  It defaults to a “Generic 105-key (Intl) PC" keyboard layout ( “ and @ are swapped as an example).  I think most experienced users would expect the default keyboard layout to be set correctly, and might skip over setting the keyboard layout.

Added:

It is not likely you will ever use a direct keyboard with this machine
(as opposed to getting to it with ssh). But just in case, you might
want to set the keyboard type.  Raspbian defaults to a "Generic
105-key (Intl) PC" rather than US keyboard layout.  If you are not
expecting this, the differenced (for example, " and @ being swapped)
can trip you up.