I can haz Navisys GPS USB pucks, gr601w and gr701w

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat May 14 20:08:23 UTC 2016

Yo Mark!

On Sat, 14 May 2016 19:09:55 +0000
Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do please try to set them up with gpsd+ntpsec, and if you can, add
> them to the pool.

Sorta conflicting goals.  For proper testing gpsd+ntpsec I'll need to
follow git head, but the pool should only use stable chimers...

This list is prolly not the best place to discuss the pool(s), but my
experience is the pools need a lot of cleaning.

Gentoo has a tool called 'mirrorselect' that allows you to manually,
interactively, or automatically select your rsync servers.

The pool needs a tool like that.  Otherwise people end up using bad
chimers from halfway around the world, and wondering why ntpd works so
badly.