Proposal for discussion - remove all Windows-port cruft

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat May 14 03:39:31 UTC 2016

Now that Windows is supposedly able to run Linux binaries, it seems to me
we should be able to discard the Windows port cruft.

Yes, there are probably glitches in their implementation. So be it: by
the time we're under any real pressure to ship a Windows port (which
might be never) I think there are good odds the glitches will be be
weell enough understood that working around them will be easier than
maintaining the port shims we carry now.

Mark should make this call, because strategy for woorld domination is
his job. My recommendation is: deep-six that stuff.