[gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

Mike bellyacres at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:58:25 UTC 2016

On 05/10/2016 09:06 PM, Mike wrote:
> On 05/10/2016 08:46 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> Yo Mike!

>>> I will preface this with I am not using a hat.  My Rpi is a model B.
>>> The gps module is attached to tx, rtx, and gpio18.
>> Almost there.
>>
>> Hmm, I see there is already a systemd/ folder in the gpsd tree.
>> Sadly it is missing the required files default/gpsd and sysconfig/gpsd,
>> or any documentation.
>>
>> Maybe make this gpsd-time.service?  Put it in new directory in the
>> gpsd source called: systemd-time, with README, etc.
>> Then could you make that a git patch?
>>
>> I'm not a systemd guy, so you gotta make it easy for me.  :-)

Wow!  I must have been off in la la land when I wrote that... nonsense.

I just found that in packaging/[deb|rpm] there are basic default/gpsd
and sysconfig/gpsd.

> If I had a clue how to make a git patch I'd give it a try...
>
> Mike

I've gotten off on other tangents.  With the addition of the
Type=forking option added in a recent git commit gpsd starts but doesn't
continue running using the timeservice build option.  Been trying to
figure out why a normal build will run properly with that option added.

Mike