[gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

Mike bellyacres at gmail.com
Wed May 11 01:06:18 UTC 2016

On 05/10/2016 08:46 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> Yo Mike!
>

> On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:34:35 -0400
> Mike <bellyacres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Then the systemd distros have something to start with.
>> I will preface this with I am not using a hat.  My Rpi is a model B.
>> The gps module is attached to tx, rtx, and gpio18.
> Almost there.
>
> Hmm, I see there is already a systemd/ folder in the gpsd tree.
> Sadly it is missing the required files default/gpsd and sysconfig/gpsd,
> or any documentation.
>
> Maybe make this gpsd-time.service?  Put it in new directory in the
> gpsd source called: systemd-time, with README, etc.
> Then could you make that a git patch?
>
> I'm not a systemd guy, so you gotta make it easy for me.  :-)

mike at ticker:~/gpsd $ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Untracked files:
   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

         Realtime_GPS.kml

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
mike at ticker:~/gpsd $ cd systemd/
mike at ticker:~/gpsd/systemd $ ls
gpsdctl at .service  gpsd.service  gpsd.socket
mike at ticker:~/gpsd/systemd $

I'm not a git guy!  Nor a programmer...

The files are there as listed above, sans the /etc/default/gpsd.  I
probably just stole that from the Raspbian Jessie gpsd package.

If I had a clue how to make a git patch I'd give it a try...

Mike