eport from the 20160501 F2

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu May 5 16:55:35 UTC 2016

dfoxfranke at gmail.com said:
> >> The diag dump "nameless horror" shall be removed from NTPsec.
>> What is that?  I don't recognize the term.
> Support for the ntpq saveconfig command. The term is a joke from the meeting
> because it took five minutes before any of us could remember what it was
> called.

I'm happy to remove that.  I assume the goal is to reduce security exposure
rather than simplify the code.

There is also the :config ntpq command which has similar file-write exposure.

There is a saveconfiquit command line option.  It's used as a check for the
parser.  It rearranges things and drops comments.  See ntpd/check-config.sh