Replay branch.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue May 3 15:22:21 UTC 2016

Amar Takhar <verm at darkbeer.org>:
> Before I start pushing some of the major changes to make the 'replay' branch
> happen I need a few questions answered:
>
>  - Is it easier to edit the source for renamed defines to match current or
>    should I add compat shims.
>  - Will the source layout change almost immediately to match current or should
>    the current files be used.
>    * I think this should be a mix some are easy to move around others are not.
>  - Some directories such as tools/utils can be backported wholesale is there any
>    reason why this isn't desirable?

I'm having trouble understanding these questions.  They seem to pertain to
a different task than you were asked to do.

What we need is one waf recipe at the root commit that does an equivalent of
the autoconf build at that commit. C sources should not be touched. I will
take care of updating it as I replay the later commits.