Reference clocks.

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Tue May 3 13:19:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-03 02:43 -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any reference clocks they're not using?  I'm looking
> > for different clocks to test as many of the refclock drivers as possible.
>
> What's your current collection?

I don't have any right now other than the various GPS chips and boards on the
way to run off of GPIO connections.

> >  I should be able to find  something to test audio, too.
>
> util/tg2.c will generate audio in various formats.  You can sanity check with
> headphones.  If the transmit side works, then you can plug it into a PC and
> try to get the receive side working.
>
> I tried one of the audio drivers a while ago but didn't get it to work.  I
> didn't try very hard.  I forget the details.  It did work many years ago.

Hmm, OK.  That may be an idea to use one of the GPS hats to generate an audio
signal using tg2.c and use that as a clock.  I would still like to find a 'real'
one that is known to work with ntpd.

Thank you!

Amar