Reference clocks.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue May 3 13:10:30 UTC 2016

> I tried one of the audio drivers a while ago but didn't get it to work.  I
> didn't try very hard.  I forget the details.  It did work many years ago.

The audio drivers are near the top of the list of things I'd like to remove.
I strongly suspect they're both obsolete and broken, and they're surrounded
ny a lot of poorly-documented cruft like tg.c that could stand to go.

However, in accordance with policy, we neeto either (a) somehow verify that they
have no remaining users, or (b) make an explicut decision to abandon those
users to Classic.