on reports from Synopsys Coverity, Defensics and Protecode

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:35:49 UTC 2016

Hi!

Thank you for setting up the Synopsys suite for NTPsec.

I've almost never seen automatic bugfiling by a robot work well.

Modulo that, automatically assigning to the developer that "owns" that line
of code is not something we want to do on NTPsec, for two reasons, one
philosophical, and one practical. First, we want to discourage "code
ownership" by individual developers.  Two, when you run "git blame" against
an arbitrary line of code in NTPsec, it will probably name someone who is
not part of our current team.

If the report is readable in a textmode email reader client, and if the
report can be configured to just show new issues, emailing it to
devel at ntpsec.org would be effective.  On what schedule is an interesting
question.

..m