util/monitoring/ntploop{stat,watch}

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 28 19:55:32 UTC 2016

fallenpegasus at gmail.com said:
> Sanjeev, do you know Python?  Would you like to take a crack at
> re-implementing loopstats in Python?

Plan B would be to drop it.

The first step would be to figure out what it does.  Probably the best
approach would be to setup an old system to run it against and collect some
data...

I'm guessing that it roughly collects the same data that is in the loopstats
log files, and then graphs it.  If so, the collecting part is redundant (and
probably doesn't get the timing as accurate) so we should focus on the
graphing.  That opens up a whole new can of worms which is worth a lot of
thought and work: how can you tell how well your server is working?