Cross-building.

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Wed Mar 23 23:46:51 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-23 16:32 -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> verm at darkbeer.org said:
> >> Do you have any wrong-endian systems in your collection?
> >> That would be high on my list.
>
> > Got some examples?  I'll see what I can do.  I really want to keep all of
> > this  low-heat and low-power I may be able to find some old boards.
>
> The best suggestion I have seen is an old PowerPC laptop.  I don't know
> anything about the Apple environment.  Is something that old new enough?

I have an old mac mini powerpc.  I can use that, it's a little furnace though
heh.  I'll see if I can pick up an SSD for it.

> Are there any wrong-endian ARM boards?  (I think I saw something about one
> recently, but I forget where.)

There may be, the problem is we'll need to run a real OS on it.

> It might be we should  just put support for wrong endian systems off to the
> side until somebody comes up with an interesting modern platform.  Maybe just
> mark it as "might-work but untested,"

It's fine to keep it in mind as long as I know what I'm looking for I can find a
lot of hardware around here.

Amar.