Kernel PPS processing

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jun 30 20:26:46 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:51:56 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:
> > Anyone got a guess what the equivalent RasPi setting to turn off
> > power saving would be?
>
> turbo=1 in /boot/config.txt, I think. See also
>
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/introducing-turbo-mode-up-to-50-more-performance-for-free/

    "We are happy that the combination of only applying turbo when busy,
    and limiting turbo when the BCM2835’s internal temperature reaches
    85°C, means there will be no measurable reduction in the lifetime
    of your Raspberry Pi."

The exact opposite of what I want.  I want to force the RasPi to a
nice stable frequency, regardless of load or temperature.  Not the
fastest mode, but the most stable mode.

Having the RasPi slow up when it gets hot, thus affecting all the PLL
variables is a bad thing.