Kernel PPS processing

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jun 30 18:47:00 UTC 2016

Yo Hal!

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 02:15:36 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> gem at rellim.com said:
> > I took another look, and realized I misunderstood the y axis.  And
> > that you are plotting loopstats and I'm looking at offsets.  So not
> > the bad I thought.
>
> I can't figure out what that means.

It means your graph is not what I thought it was, so ignore my original
comments.

> I was plotting the offset column from loopstats.

Which offset column from loopstats?  There are two offset in there.
Ah, I see below from column 2, the time offset.

> From another handy graph:
>
> set ylabel "Offset ms"
> set y2label "Drift PPM"

So, essentially the same as my first graph here, but different scaling:
	https://rellim.com/graphs/

I added the cstate boot parameter.  Made a huge difference, but I'll
need a week to get a lot of data.

Loopstats Frequency Offset, went from 100 ppm to 0.4 ppm ± 0.2 ppm!

Now I can see when the LF goes up the timing suffers.

How does yours compare to the current graph?