ntp.conf snippets in etc

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Jun 11 22:32:33 UTC 2016

I've just added a library of ntp.conf snippets to the etc directory in
the distribution.  The names sjould make what they do pretty clear.

use-country-pool
use-gpsd-json
use-gpsd-shm
use-minimal-logging
use-no-remote-configuration
use-performance-logging

The idea is that users should be able to piece these together and have
a working ntp.conf without having to fuss about the exact
configuration syntax.  See also etc/example.conf.

Some details aren't settled yet.  Mark wants to go to an Apache-style
conf.d setup where all snippets in a specified directory are
interpeted, but I'd like us to prove the general concept before I try
getting cute with the scanner code.

Please review.  If you have a snippet you think is generally useful
enough to add, let's see it.