Release process suggestions

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:52:44 UTC 2016

Hi!

Tuesday snuck up on me.  (The OpenSwitch project launch, OSCON, and
MakerFaire has been keeping me hopping).

I know the issue has been raised about getting more formal about the
release process.   Does anyone have a release process checklist I should go
crib from?

Once we get to and pass 1.0, most of the release process will be "when do
we do a release", but here in the 0.9* era, that is less important, I
think, and just doing a release every time we fix a CVE or have an
"interesting" improvement or user visible change will be enough.

..m