question about upgrading from Classic to NTPsec (packaging issue)

John D. Bell JDB at systemsartisans.com
Mon Jul 4 00:29:52 UTC 2016

To All -

    I am in the process of trying to create an RPM package from the repo's
current head.  Given that I would expect this to be used by sysadmins, etc.
who might already have installed the Classic version (very possibly from
their distro's package sources), how would you all suggest I treat the
presence of a ''conflicting'' version?  Save the config files, and
overwrite/remove all the old executables?  Move everything aside, and put
our entire "best practices" package in place??  Ask for manual
intervention???  Halt, catch fire, burn it all to the ground?  ;)

  - *John D. Bell*