Buildbot with gcc5

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 24 20:40:32 UTC 2016

verm at darkbeer.org said:
> If you have any other ideas / permutations for builds please feel free to
> suggest.

Many OSes/Distros have 2 supported versions.  For Intel, they come in both 32
and 64 bit versions.

I'm assuming the above systems would have all packages interesting to ntpsec
installed.  It would also help to build on a system with minimal installed
packages, just enough to build a useful version of ntpd.  We would need to
document what packages were installed.

I think we should also include some ARM systems.  The main distro for the
Raspberry PI is Raspbian, derived from Debian.  Pi-s come in two CPU
versions.  The old/slow ones take 6-9 minutes for a build (no doc, no check)
and another 1-2 minutes for check.  The new CPU takes 2.5 minutes to build
and under 1 to check.

I think NetBSD and FreeBSD both run on the Raspberry Pi, but I haven't found
a good install  HOWTO for either.

We also need to actually run the code.  I don't know how to monitor for
obscure quirks but we should be able to setup something for a sanity check.

We also need a way to test refclocks.  I'd be happy if we could run one of
each major type on any OS.

Where are OS-x and RTEMS on the radar?

A wrong endian system would be high on my list.  That requires actually
running the code.