Broken links in ntpsec documentation

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Fri Jan 22 15:42:38 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-22 23:38 +0800, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

> Would it be better the other way: if found on archive.org, replace with that
> link?  The archive link refers to and cites the original, anyway.
>
> With a footnote, the user clicks, gets a 404, comes back, goes to the footnote,
> at which point he has lost his place in the text (at least the way I read web
> pages).

I've tried that in the past the problem is if somehow the archive.org content is
wrong then the user is misdirected.  Keeping the original URL is better since
some users may have known or know where to get a copy of the content if anyone
cares they'll look at the footnote.  I'd rather them have no details vs wrong
ones.

Amar.