NTPsec on OpenSwitch

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 12 00:27:24 UTC 2016

srinivasan.srivatsan at hpe.com said:
> Regarding the issue with ‘waf configure’. Is there a way to bypass the
> configure step ? And  provide a default configuration to work with ?

Not that I know of.  Why would you want to do that and/or what are you trying
to do?

Perhaps there is some confusion with the word "configure".

"waf configure" is part of the build process.  It sets up things for "waf
build" and makes build/config.h which is included by most modules when they
get compiled and linked to make ntpd.

The other use for the word "configure" is the run time parameters for ntpd
that come from the command line and a configuration file which defaults to
/etc/ntp.conf

If your problem is ntp.conf, it can be pretty simple.  (You can actually do
it all from the command line.)

Do you have servers you want to use?  Then ntp.conf can be as simple as:

server <server1>
server <server2>
server <server3>

You can get ideas from the ntp.conf on any handy Linux or BSD box..