broadcastclient ?

Frank Nicholas frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com
Sat Dec 17 22:35:06 UTC 2016

> On Dec 17, 2016, at 1:46 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>
> frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com said:
>> Most modern retail routers/WiFi access points will distribute NTP via DHCP.
>
> Right.  But who sets that up?
>
> What I was trying to say is that most retail ISPs don't have their own NTP
> servers so they don't include any NTP server info in their DHCP responses.

The routers/WiFi access points do this independent of the ISP.  There is a setting in the device to add NTP servers.  By default, some point to a server/pool from the manufacturer, some to popular pools, some to hard coded servers (like the Netgear incident).  It’s up to the owner to change or configure, if they don’t like the defaults.

Thanks,
Frank