More on ntpq

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Dec 2 07:38:11 UTC 2016

> Done, and for good measure I've similarly wrapped the peers display.

Should it be around the whole command loop?  Do we want ^C when reading a
command to start over reading a command or exit?  I vote for try again.  I'll
use ^D if I want to exit.

Is DNS lookup called by any other commands?  What's the longest timeout if
the target doesn't respond?  (30 seconds on my system.)  ...

Does the hostname command do the lookup right then or wait until the next
time it tries to send a packet?  I vote that ^C cover that DNS lookup.  (If I
typo a host that should be in the local list, it goes out to the net.  That
can take a long time.  I'd like to be able to ^C out of that lookup.)

> I think we managed to lose a commit somewhere, though I can't figure out
> how.  When I went back to look at the sort method table, the sign-reversal I
> remember putting in, and the comment explaing it, was gone.  I have now
> re-implemented the reversal in a different, simpler way

Thanks.