More on ntpq

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Dec 2 05:47:13 UTC 2016

> It doesn't have a ^C catcher for the printout part of the mru command.  I was
> expecting ^C to stop printing stuff and go back to the main read-a-command
> loop.

Done, and for good measure I've similarly wrapped the peers display.

> >> The mru list is getting printed out oldest first.  I thought you fixed
> that.
> > I thought I did too.  Testing...
>
> It still comes out backwards for me.

I think we managed to lose a commit somewhere, though I can't figure
out how.  When I went back to look at the sort method table, the
sign-reversal I remember putting in, and the comment explaing it, was
gone.  I have now re-implemented the reversal in a different, simpler
way

> [Python version string]
>
> > You're looking at the value of VCS_DATE, which is "The date of the most
> > recent commit in true ISO-8601/RFC3339 format, including seconds."
>
> > What do you think should be there instead?
>
> I think I've figured out what is going on.  The "most recent" above is
> misleading.  It means the first one printed out by git log.  So if you have
> un-pushed commits and rebase=true, you get the date from your last commit
> even after pulling many updates.

That is, arguably, a minor bug in autorevision.  I have copied dak180; you
two can discuss what behavior might be desirable and achievable here.