Wish list - hack to monitor a server

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Aug 22 05:36:06 UTC 2016

I'm thinking of something that will monitor a NTP server and send
mail/SMS/whatever when it finds troubles.

I can see two types of trouble.  One is when the server isn't responding.
The other is that one or more of the upstream servers or refclocks it is
using stops responding.

There are lots of possible variations/options/parameters.

This should probably wait until Eric gets the python library ready for use
under ntpq.  I mention it now because I thought of it and/or it might provide
input to the requirements for that library.