Using first server to respond, Issue #68

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Aug 11 23:05:36 UTC 2016

I think I have found the problem.

minsane defaults to 1 so ntpd is "happy" as soon as a server gets past the
individual server filtering.

I don't see any simple fix.  Even if minsane is set (via ntp.conf) to
something larger, there is still the possibility that a majority of the first
N servers are not the ones you want.

We might be able to work out something based on how many servers you are
using, but that gets tangled up with how many servers to use and why.  (If
you haven't been around for a while, that's an endless topic.)

We could add a warning.  Does anybody look at them?  It won't break anything,
so I guess I'll give it a try.