Next point release

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Aug 11 22:28:40 UTC 2016

Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>:
> It is time for another point release.

No blockers.  I was expecting this and have been cleaning up various
minor things on the issues list.

> This point release will not have Daniel's state machine patch merged in,
> because it is a minor risk I don't want to take for the point release just
> yet.

Good plan. I have every confidence in Daniel, but rushing the new code
into production would be a needless risk.  I'd like to have it
simmering on the test farm machines for a month or so before we ship
it.

> Please get your low risk bug fixes in in the next couple of days.

I should have ntpviz ready to ship this weekend, so we'll have a nice
tasty feature to brag about in the release notes.

> Unless there is a credible stop reason, I will issue the tag this coming
> Tuesday morning.

Hal, I think that tells us when we dive into TESTFRAME - right after that.