Next point release

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Thu Aug 11 21:33:25 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-11 21:28 +0000, Mark Atwood wrote:
> It is time for another point release.
>
> I've received enough private communications from people who are successfuilly
> running lab machines on tip, and people who are successfully running lab
> machines on the previous point release, and that my work with the CII is
> illuminating the need for proof of motion, that I have decided to make another
> point release.

Can you quantify what 'lab machine' means here?  Are we talking scientific
laboratories running science equipment or general purpose lab workstations?

> I understand the objection that we do not yet have a formalized release
> criteria system, nor do we yet have a formalized checklist or automated release
> process.  As nobody wise is yet running us in load production, that is not yet
> an issue.

That's not really a reason to now have a formalised process if we're going to do
it in the future we should do it now.  It lets us have a chance at getting
organised under it when it comes time for it to be a hard set of rules to follow
it will be easier.

<snip>
> Please get your low risk bug fixes in in the next couple of days.
>
> Unless there is a credible stop reason, I will issue the tag this coming
> Tuesday morning.

Tuesday should be fine.  There are some build changes I need to make to handle
the new Python module I will do that this weekend.

Amar.