Reference clocks.

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Fri Apr 8 20:53:37 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-08 13:49 -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> Why do you think it will be more reliable?  It's the same idea.  Changing a
> signal on a pin generates an interrupt which wanders through a few layers of
> bit testing and dispatching and eventually gets to the PPS code that grabs
> the time.

Because modern serial ports can suck, so do serial cables.  I wouldn't trust
anything other than a high-end serial card to handle the data it's not
something that's given much thought in modern motherboards.

> Once Eric gets TESTFRAME going, then we can start collecting samples.

This is for live testing since I can control the GPS signals I can expect the
same data to be received by the clock and then ntpd.  I will need a way to dump
that info but it's easy.

Amar.