Reference clocks.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 8 20:49:20 UTC 2016

verm at darkbeer.org said:
> I wonder how will this will work using the PPS via GPIO system I'm working
> on.   Should be fine and it should be far, far more reliable than serial.

Why do you think it will be more reliable?  It's the same idea.  Changing a
signal on a pin generates an interrupt which wanders through a few layers of
bit testing and dispatching and eventually gets to the PPS code that grabs
the time.

> Another method to get a lot of code coverage is to write shims between each
> driver and a general time interface so we can mock the API for each device.
> Not  sure how feasible that is as some of them are radically different.  May
> not be  worth it at all in the end.

Once Eric gets TESTFRAME going, then we can start collecting samples.