regarding RHEL6, libevent2, and DOD STIG

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:16:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> CentOS 6 does not have an RPM for libevent2. Thus without special work by
> each person building NTPsec, it won't build. AFAIK this distribution is the
> latest RHEL approved for use on DoD networks. I could not find a STIG for
> RHEL 7 so any organization which requires the DISA STIG to be applied is
> stuck at 6.

What do other packages that have to run on DoD RHEL6 systems do?  Do you
have any contacts in DOD contractors who already have to face/fix this
issue?

If there is no clean way to do this, then there is no clean way to do it,
and we will just have to bake that "special work" into the build
instructions or build scripts.  What does the special work involve?

We don't have to rush to fix this, it doesnt have to be in 0.9.1 or 0.9.2,
but it probably should be in 1.0.0.

I will email some contacts at RH about if it's possible to backport a
package into official RHEL6/CentOS6.

..m