buildbot

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Thu Nov 19 18:48:41 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-19 10:40 -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
> I was going to make a wise-ass comment about a security project requiring
> javascript which is known to be a source of problems.  There are some cases
> where javascript makes sense.  I don't see this as one of them.

The web interface to Buildbot uses websockets to update the page in real time.
Rather than requiring custom local software it's all done in-web.

Before, with the old page you'd have to rely on refreshes which didn't give good
data.  Now you can leave the browser open and get information updated realtime.

Amar.