How do I push stuff to gitlab?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 18 22:48:28 UTC 2015

Somehow, I have to tell it who I am.

I think my ssh key is setup.  Is there a simple way to test that?

There is a name change involved.  I'm murray here but hal.murray there.

.git/config says:
        url = git at gitlab.com:NTPsec/ntpsec.git

git push says:
Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 403 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 4 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/heads/master': Unable to create
'/var/opt/gitlab/git-data/repositories/NTPsec/ntpsec.git/refs/heads/master.loc
k': File exists.
remote:
remote: If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a
remote: git process crashed in this repository earlier. Make sure no other git
remote: process is running and remove the file manually to continue.
To git at gitlab.com:NTPsec/ntpsec.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (failed to update ref)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at gitlab.com:NTPsec/ntpsec.git'