NetBSD, Release?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Dec 18 11:45:21 UTC 2015

> A week or two ago, there was interest in a release.  Are we still interested?
>  Should we wait until Eric stops rocking the boat?

I believe Mark's plan is to wait until one of two things lands: (1) All unit
tests converted. or (2) replay working. It's a crapshoot which wiill happen
first at this point.

> My expectation for a release is that we stop adding new features (which have
> a risk of breaking something) for a day or 3 while everybody looks for
> bugs/quirks.  When we stop finding them it's time for the release.

Agreed.

> I have several medium size cleanups I'd like to do, but they can wait,

I don't think this would be a bad time to start one, actually.  Even if I solve
all the remaining replay problems today (which is just *barely* possible,
though unlikely) it's going to take me a day or two to write, debug, and
integrate a Python wrapper to run the replay tests.