quick status check

Tom tenterline at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:57:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm Tom Enterline. I did some work on cvs-fast-export with Eric, and
mentioned I was interested in working on ntpsec, which I heard about
on his blog. He mentioned several things I could work on, and so at
the moment I'm working on fixing ntpdsim so it builds.

Background: My degree is in Chemical Engineering, and most of my
career has been in the commercial world, doing scientific and business
programming. I have also done communications software/firmware written
in C and assembler, and operating system drivers.

cloned the git repository, did the waf configure and build,
reproduced the ntpdsim error per the instructions in devel/TODO,
and identified it as an include error for sodium.
I read the devel mail list archives, to get up to speed on
the project status, practices and culture.

At the moment I don't have any questions, but if you have any
suggestions please let me know, or if you have any questions I might
be able to help with.

Look forward to working with all of you,
Tom