quick status check

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Dec 15 03:05:15 UTC 2015

> Libevent2 continues to be a bother.

Amar fixed the waf stuff to print a nasty message and not build ntpdig when
it can't find libevent2, so I've been ignoring that problem.

Along that line, I think we should default crypto to on and print that sort
of message if it can't find the crypto libraries.

Are there other features we should consider for similar treatment?

> Pondering 'disadvantaged' network testing... Hostile, noisy, dropped packets, etc.

If you want some interesting "noise", point your servers at 64.139.1.69
If things are quiet, you should see a good server.  If I'm working or
playing, you may see a wonderful example of bufferbloat.  The nasty case is
over 3.5 seconds.