[Git][NTPsec/ntpsec][master] Remove an out-of-date assertion about PPS in a comment.
Eric S. Raymond
gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Sat Sep 10 19:48:54 UTC 2016
Eric S. Raymond pushed to branch master at NTPsec / ntpsec
4083b0d9 by Eric S. Raymond at 2016-09-10T15:47:06-04:00
Remove an out-of-date assertion about PPS in a comment.
- - - - -
2 changed files:
@@ -36,10 +36,6 @@
need for adjtimex(2). We need to collect statistics on builds with and
without the PLL to see if it's actually a win.
-* From refclock_params in ntpd/ntp_refclock.c: " FreeBSD serial ports
- provide capture on the clear edge, while FreeBSD parallel ports
- provide capture on the assert edge.: Needs checking.
=== Testing ===
* Unit testing. "waf check" needs to run all the unit tests, not
@@ -1013,10 +1013,9 @@ refclock_params(
ap->pps_params.api_version = PPS_API_VERS_1;
- * Solaris serial ports provide PPS pulse capture only on the
- * assert edge. FreeBSD serial ports provide capture on the
- * clear edge, while FreeBSD parallel ports provide capture
- * on the assert edge. Your mileage may vary.
+ * If flag2 is lit, capture on clear edge if we can. Not all
+ * PPSAPI implementations let you choose; if in doubt, check
+ * the documentation of your serial driver.
if (mode & CLK_FLAG2)
ap->pps_params.mode = PPS_TSFMT_TSPEC | PPS_CAPTURECLEAR;
View it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/commit/4083b0d975651c3fcdb8232919b84ac4fc3d0968
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vc