mssntp option breaking time service: tester(s) wanted

James Browning jamesb192 at jamesb192.com
Wed Oct 4 17:28:32 UTC 2023

I have a patch series for ntpsec, which fixes time service for unauthed NTP traffic.

It should also work on NTS. I have yet to test it there, though.

I do not have a test rig for MS-SNTP.

I would appreciate it if anyone could test it against MS-SNTP.

Attaching a pcap (packet capture) file of the UDP traffic on port 123 (NTP)
for the duration would also be nice.

recentish git head and patch series at https://gitlab.com/na280/ntpsec.git
in the branch 23H14-ms-sntp-frob; I do not develop in the default branch.

For those with GitLab accounts, the merge request and Issue are at:
https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/merge_requests/1333 and
https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/issues/785

-30-