Can't get GPS/PPS to work

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat May 21 03:12:08 UTC 2022

Yo Philipp!

On Fri, 20 May 2022 10:55:20 +0000
Philipp Ammann via users <users at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Am 19.05.22 um 03:34 schrieb Hal Murray:

> > Does the uBlox Neo-7M default to 9600 baud and NMEA?
>
> The Neo-7M supports only 9600 Baud.

Uh, no.  That is the default, not the only option.  Even the u-blox 5
supports:

4800, 9600, 19,200, 38400, 57,600 and 115,200.

Use the UBX-CFG-PRT command to change the speed.

> > Is ttyAMA0 tangled up with Bluetooth on the Pi 4?  (I forget how to
> > kill Bluetooth.)
>
> Bluetooth is disabled using "dtoverlay=disable-bt" in config.txt. AMA
> seems to be an ARM-specific name for a serial port.

Also heck the optiopns pased to the kernel at boot time.  They will be
at the top of the dmesg ouput after a boot.

On some distros you also need to edit the /etc/inittab file which
tries to attach getty to thaty port.